Tuesday, January 26

A New Model - Emily

My sister Emily is my latest model. It's strange that I've never painted her before, considering we are twins and best friends! I guess I've always been just a little bit afraid that if I painted her, she would end up looking more like me! So far, so good. Emily and I may be twins, but we have slightly different noses, and we always have different hair. I love that she had her hair in curls today - it really looks beautiful and is great fun to paint!

Well, here is my attempt on day 1, after three hours of work. The canvas size is 14"x11", and I'm working on my favorite surface, a Belgian linen oil-primed art board. Emily will be back next week for another session, and I'm excited with how this portrait is going!

Emily Day 1
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...