Friday, May 4

UFC NEWS: Jon Jones Not Concerned Vs. Big Game Hunter, Dan Henderson





Make no mistake, Dan Henderson is a notorious big-game Hunter.

With his linage being the 'Walla Walla' aka 'many waters' tribe of the northern United States, Henderson also has the bloodthirstiness necessary to finish his fights.

Never was this aforementioned fact more evident, than when he faced the brawling-British-cage-fighter Michael Bisping on July 11, 2009, at UFC 100. 

Bisping, not unlike a dumb but unsuspecting mule-deer or a stubborn big-horned sheep, had avoided being hit by stray bullets in the opening round. 

However, Bisping, after surviving the first round of action, failed to heed the words of his wise corner-man during the break.

As a result, the Wales native, known in fight circles as 'The Count,' foolhardily entered the second round against 'Hendo' with his chin placed squarely in the cross-hairs of Hendo's fully loaded—and most lethal weapon—overhand right..aka the 'H' Bomb.

We all know what happened next. And even though Bisping was already in dreamland from the first jolt to the jaw, Hendo, as if he was deep in the Forest, moving in on a wounded animal, then applied the final  coup-d-gras.

Suffice it to say that, as evidenced from his best wins so far, against an obviously severely overrated Fedor Emelianenko, and, of course, Bisping, it's quite clear that this UFC light heavyweight contender, Henderson, is nothing more than a 'one trick pony' so to speak. 

Nonetheless, Henderson has somehow survived in an era where well-rounded-ness is now taking precedence over the worn-out and obsolete skills of old. .

None of what I have written in the paragraphs above is 'News' to Henderson's next opponent.

The current UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones can see Henderson and his highly broadcasted lethal H-Bomb coming from miles away. Thus, he will be more than ready for it, and likely have lots of time to duck and counter Henderson's one and only weapon with his own right-hand-bomb:

“No, I’m not worried about the ‘H-Bomb," said Jones on this week’s edition of MMA Uncensored.  

“I fought Ryan Bader. He had an amazing overhand right. I think he won The Ultimate Fighter with that overhand right. Rashad Evans ended up knocking out Chuck Liddell with his overhand right,said Jones confidently.

"Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua had an awesome overhand right. I’m just not worried about it. It’s a single technique that I've prepared for, extensively,”stated the champ." ’Hendo’ actually has a good left hook, as well, but I’m not worried about single strikes."

Jones speaks the truth. Neither Rua, Lyoto Machida, Rampage Jackson, or most recently, Rashad Evans, could so much as lay a glove on him.

“You know, I have this thing where I don’t like to rush. I definitely don’t want to ever lose a fight by getting caught by a wild punch,” explained Jones.  

“There was a scenario where, Eddie Alvarez*, I think that’s who it was, where he like body shotted this one guy, then he ran up to him to try and finish the fight, and the last thing the guy hit him with, his last shot, and it ended up knocking out Alvarez."

"I think that’s who it was. That haunted me. I would never want something like that to happen to me. So, what I do is, I take my time and realize that I have 25 minutes to methodically pick someone apart.”

Jones, at a mere 24 years of age, is fast becoming one of the greatest cagefighters on the planet.

There's no doubt whatsoever, in this writer's mind, who that someone Jones speaks of (above) will be.
My prediction here, however unpopular, is that Jones will prove to be far too tough of a game-animal for any of Henderson's high-caliber, yet single-shot weaponry.

Stay tuned.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...