Wednesday, August 22

Fight Video: UFC Cuts Toughest-Fighter Miguel Torres


According to recent UFC news, one of the toughest guys to ever fight inside a cage, Miguel Torres, may soon be riding off into the proverbial sunset of a long mma career—a career which evolved inside tiny blood-splattered barrooms in northwestern Indiana.

After a long and successful ride, which began in the late 90's, the former WEC bantamweight champion Torres has been officially cut by the UFC and is now headed to the more-shallow, less lucrative minor-league promotional waters of Titan FC.

In a 2008 interview for the fightmagazine.com publication, Torres told how he was merely a scrawny 17-year-old college student from Perdue University—a kid from East Chicago, Indiana, who began fighting as a hobby to help pay for his school-tuition.

 Appearing in small 'Fight Clubs' which were attended by only a few fellow students, by the time Torres was 18 he had become somewhat of a hometown hero. Especially after competing and winning fights against much larger men in tough-man brawls located at Finke's Sports Bar in Highland Indiana.

Now, aged 31 and a MMA veteran with 45 professional fights to his credit, 40 of them wins,  along with his 2008, WEC 32, title-belt-accomplishment, the tough-as-nails Torres is today a pugilistic success story.

Among other things, the former 135-pound king owns and runs a successful gym, Torres Martial Arts Academy, in Hammond, and seems to be taking his next step in full-stride, without any regrets.


To all my fans, family, friends, and supporters,
Published August 22, 2012 | By Miguel_Torres

I am writing this letter to inform you that as a result of my last loss, I was cut from the UFC. My next fight will be in Hammond, Indiana for Titan Fighting Championship on November the 2nd. I am excited to continue fighting, to regain my focus and to get back to what made me a champion. A special thank you to my manager, Glenn Robinson, my trainer, Firas Zahabi, my training partners, and all the staff at the UFC. I have dedicated my whole life to mixed martial arts and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. From teaching, to training, and fighting from the lowest to the highest levels, my passion in life is to be the best that I can be. Until November 2nd…

Miguel Angel Torres

Follow me on twitter @cagestokerblog - or subscribe here on Facebook.
 ~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...