Thursday, October 13

Art quote for 10-13-05, Dreams and Inspiration

photo by Icon Goddess

"Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true."

Ralph Waldo Emmerson

A friend from my Livejournal community makes the most incredible icons. I felt this one was the perfect companion to the quote above.

Dreams.. what is yours? It took me years to understand the why I was so restless inside, and felt like I never fit in with others. I was an artist, but had buried that dream under wanting the approval of others. It was in my early 30's that I realized I needed to go back to my childhood and find my dream. I remembered hours spent with notebook and paper, creating my own world of imagination and mystery. Recovering that sense of childhood as an adult was hard. I worked through an incredible amount of "baggage" to finally with God's help find healing and wholeness to pursue my dream. It takes much courage to follow your dream! Naysayers and dream killers abound-nurturers are few and far between! But it has been worth it. I guess the biggest joy of my being an artist is being able to bring a smile to someone, or convey joy that touches a life, lightens a burden and brings peace.

I found a great article on finding out your dreams, and how to follow them online this morning. I thought I would share it with you- Here it is: DREAMS

By now you have probably realized that I am a really big dreamer! That's good though, because until you can dream it you can't achieve it!
Now off to run errands,time for more canvases!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...