Tuesday, October 4

Art Quote for 10/04/2005






To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.-Georgia O'Keefe
Image is by Georgia O'Keefe "Cottonwoods III," 1943


I think that is the most difficult part of art, constantly keeping yourself from getting comfortable with what is safe to you. For me safety is doing what I know I can do well, easily without having to involve my emotions in the creative process. If I don't intuit into what I am creating I feel like I have "ripped off" the work itself. That is why my art is so stormy at times, yet tranquil. I want people to be happy with the art, but at times you must create out of the blackness that surrounds you. It is then that you can truly create a work that can communicate to others.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...